Sturda Backfill Barricade
The Sturda Backfill Barricade is a patented fill fence that can be installed in close proximity to the brow.
How Does It Work:
- The Sturda Backfill Barricade consists of a steel frame with a mounted geotextile membrane.
- The Backfill Barricade is installed in close proximity to the brow using the Sturda Deployer
- Dywidags are deployed pneumatically to pin the geotextile to the contours of the brow.
- Shotcrete is used to seal the perimeter, ensuring containment of the backfill.
- As fill is poured into the stope, the pressure acting on the barricade is decreased due to the larger decanting area of the barricade membrane
- Engineered for continuous pour of plug
- Installing the fence directly at the brow eliminates the need to resill the area
- The Backfill Barricade reduces amount of shotcrete
- The Backfill Barricade can be installed without any drilling
- Reduction in labour hours needed to install Barricade
Design allows for customizable heights and widths to accommodate opening size.